I would like to thank fellow travel blogger and fun adventure seeker, Here to conquer for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It is a great honour to be nominated for such an award.
A Bit About the Award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
My 11 random facts about myself.
1. I have recently got I to sewing and like making accessories for myself and friends.
2. I’m not a very good cook, but I have a slow cooker now, so my cooking consists of putting everything in the slow cooker and hoping for the best.
3. I have never dyed my hair.
4. I talk in my sleep.
5. I hadn’t seen snow until we arrived in Alaska, then I saw a whole bunch.
6. I can quote the whole of the Princess Bride from memory.
7. I am a Nintendo fan girl.
8. I find umbrellas unsettling. They are pointy and at eye level. Not safe!
9. I can’t drive. My husband really appreciated that in the road trip.
10. I named my dog Zen because he was quiet and cute when I get him. I am not sure I have seen him sleep since. He is always plotting something.
11. My other dog’s favourite thing is when Zen gets in trouble.
Questions from my nominee, here to conquer:
1. Name a secret talent that you have.
I can touch type and while looking at and have a conversation with someone. Freaks people out!
2. What activity would you want to try but are either too intimidated/shy/unsure to try?
I always wanted to rope a cow, but I have no idea where I would do that.
3. Have you visited any of the Wonders of the World yet (from any of the lists)?
4. If you have, which one? If you haven’t, which would you like to visit?
I have been able to visit the Grand Canyon (one of the natural wonders of the world). I would also like to get to the barrier reef, since it is in my own country and all!
5. What is your favorite sport?
Ice hockey. I am a terrible ice skater (too hot for many ice skating rinks here) so I totally respect anyone who can skate on ice and try and play a sport.
6. What is the one piece of advice you’d offer to someone younger than you?
Be Bold! Be You!
7. What is your favorite book?
All through our trip we listened to the the dark tower series by Stephen King. I also like the Sleep Book from Dr Suess.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you choose?
Alaska, but only if I had lots of money!
9. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you choose?
I am also going back in time on this one to meet Tesla. The coolest geek who ever lived.
10. If you could pick a theme song to play every time you entered a room full of people, what would you choose?
The song the Chicago Blackhawks play when they score a goal. Fun to dance to!
11. If you could be fluent in any language, which would you choose?
Navajo. They are an awesome people and it is an awesome language.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What type of animal would you be if you could choose?
2. What is your ideal travel destination?
3. Would you choose the money or the box?
4. What movie do you take with you to a deserted island? (Island has no Internet!)
5. What is your dream job?( You can make it up if you want).
6. What is the weirdest food you have eaten?
7. What is your best money saving tip?
8. If you could go back or forward in time, what time period would you visit?
9. If you had to be trapped inside a TV show, which one would it be?
10. What is your favourite Halloween costume?
11. If you had a million dollars to give to a charity, which one would it be?
My fantastic nominees are:
Traveledncaptured, fairly new travelled blog, but they look like they are having a great time.
Dad’s Bucket List. Fun adventures of a dad!
Shadow River. Really nice photography of really nice parts of the world.
NZhikers. Kiwis and their hiking adventures.
Travis Caulfield . Beautiful travel photos from all over the world!